Office of the Mayor
Biography of Mayor Ken Tedford Jr.
With an innate entrepreneurial spirit and civic mindedness, Ken heads two major organizations—the City of Fallon, and Tedford Tire and Auto Service—the company his parents, Ken, Sr. and Betty Tedford launched in 1950.
This Fallon native has served as Mayor since 1995 and, previously, as a City Council member for eight years. He's worked at the family business since obtaining an accounting degree from the University of Nevada, Reno, in the 1970s.
Despite long work weeks, this single dad's four children take precedence. He enjoys watching their sports, theater and dance activities and individually coaching them on athletics (after all, he was part of Fallon's 1970-1971 basketball and baseball championship teams).
Over the years, Ken has held positions for numerous organizations, such as the Fallon Convention & Tourism Authority, and the Churchill Economic Development Authority.
He's been recognized, among others, as the Nevada League of Cities' "Public Official of the Year," Churchill County Republican Central Committee's (CCRCC) "Public Official of the Year" and an Elks "Distinguished Citizen."
- Lifelong Fallon Resident
- High School Years:
- National Honor Society Member
- Class Officer
- Three-Year Letterman in Basketball and Baseball
- Senior Year Basketball State Champions, Baseball State Champions (1970–1971)
- University of Nevada, Reno College of Business (1975)
- Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity
- Blue Key, President
- Mayor 18 Years
- Mayor Pro-tem 4 Years, Fallon City Councilman 8 Years
- President, Churchill Senior Citizens Coalition Board
- Former Member, Fallon Fire Board
- Former Chairman, Churchill Economic Development Authority, NAS Fallon Air Show, Churchill Regional Medical Center
- Former Chairman, Fallon Convention & Tourism Authority
- Former President, Fallon Rotary Club
- Former Vice President, Churchill County Chamber of Commerce
- Former Board Member, St. Mary's Central Nevada Healthcare
- Parkside Bible Fellowship, Member and former Sunday School Teacher
- Sports Enthusiast and Youth Coach
- Senate Intern, Washington D.C., U.S. Senator Alan Bible (1974)
- Oasis Toastmasters "Most Watchable Men" Award (1989)
- Rotary Club Paul Harris Fellow (1988)
- Honorary Chief Petty Officer, NAS Fallon (1990)
- Nevada State Senate, Asst. Sergeant at Arms (1975 Session)
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company, Sacramento, California
- Banner Churchill Community Hospital Board Member
- Tedford Tire and Auto Service (since 1978)
- Elks Distinguished Citizenship Award (1998)
- Nevada League of Cities Public Official of the Year (1999)
- University of Nevada, Reno Foundation Board Member
- Nevada State Development Corporation, Board Member
- Children: Kenny (22 years), twins Darcy and Dylan (18 years), Alexandria (16 years)